Thursday, June 02, 2005

School is Out

It is hard to believe, but school is now out for the summer. Although I will be at school quite a bit over the next few days, the teaching aspect is now over until August.

The end of school is always an emotional day for teachers and students. On one hand, I was excited to complete the school year. But, on the other hand, it is difficult to realize that your time to teach this group of kids is over. I know that the students are very excited to get out for the summer. I can remember that feeling as a kid, and I know I still feel it today!

Now the focus can be on wrapping up the end-of-year paperwork and packing up my classroom. After that I have to attend a meeting on Saturday in Indianapolis about the National Education Association Representative Assembly that I am attending in California from June 30th until July 7th.

After all of these meetings are done, I can finally begin to focus on Japan early next week. My sister Andrea graduates from Alexandria-Monroe High School later that week, so I will have to spend some time back home as well.

12 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my brother gaduated last Friday

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel the same way!

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it's awesome!

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just visted a japenesse restaraunt last night!!!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Mark Heiden said...

I am glad you are enjoying summer already, Hannah.

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is sooooooo kool that school is out fur summer! I can't weight to c Ben, Tristen, and Caleb this summer! Ihope u hav a nice 1 2!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im back

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some teachers and students are lucky to be out for the year!! Some of us are NOT so lucky yet! Our time will come later this week. See you lots this week we hope!
Love, MOM

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm also back

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is everyone dead because in the last 2 days only to people have talked

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ment 2 not to

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! We (Mr. Heiden's mom and sister) are finally out of school! We finished on Tuesday, June 7. Now we hope Mr. Heiden gets to see his sister graduate from high school before he leaves for Japan. We hope all his students do lots of reading over the summer. See you Friday, Mr. Heiden, and maybe Thursday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home