Thursday, June 30, 2005

Back in the USA

My Japan Fulbright Memorial Fund trip is now totally complete. I landed at LAX today, before I took off in Tokyo (the wonders of a large time difference)! I had to say many goodbyes to some great friends, and that was tough. It has been an absolutely great trip and I feel really thankful to have been chosen to participate. I highly recommend this trip to all teachers--please follow the link to the right to the JFMF homepage to apply. Although I will not be home in Fishers, Indiana until July 7th, I am back in the States where people drive on the right side of the road!

To any newcomers to this blog: Please start reading at the bottom so you can go in chronological order. This blog was created to be daily communication with my students and family, but now that my trip is over, it will remain up, unchanged, so that any interested parties can read it. Email me directly at mheiden@sbcglobal.net or mheiden@hse.k12.in.us with any questions or comments. Thank you.

2 Comments:

At 2:11 AM, Blogger Tattle said...

Hi Mark,

I enjoyed reading your blog. It sounds like you had a great time! I am going to Japan with JFMF in November. I would also like to do a blog on blogger.com. I have been doing a little experimenting with it. Do you have any tips? How was the internet access over there? Welcome back to the states!

Thanks,
Jennifer

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Mark Heiden said...

I would encourage you to do a blog--it turned out to be very easy. You can post from a laptop that you bring to Japan, or you can simply use computers that you come across over there. I brought a laptop with me to manage my pictures and to update my blog. I used Hello to post the pictures, although I know that there is a new tool from Blogger to post pictures. Email me directly at mheiden@sbcglobal.net if you have more questions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home