Tuesday, June 28, 2005

A Giants Baseball Game

We had to leave the ryokan early to make our way back to Tokyo via bus, then train, then another bus. We arrived back in Tokyo by noon and I had a little time to explore some parts of Tokyo with a friend. Later that evening I met up with a bunch of other teachers who were going to attend a baseball game at the Tokyo Dome. It was quite a sight to see baseball in Japan. The Giants were playing the Swallows, and the crowd was lively. There was much chanting and cheering from the respective groups of fans in the outfield bleachers. Also, the vendors at the game were a little different than the ones at American baseball games-they were all girls dressed in uniforms that matched the products they were selling (everything from beer to coke to whiskey). Cheerleaders came out at several inning breaks to pump-up the audience. The game I saw was quite exciting with lots of hits and runs. The Giants ended-up holding on for the win over the Swallows. The picture below is from my seat at the baseball game.

4 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are back on-line. (I am assuming you didn't have internet access for a couple of days.) The baseball stadium looks like those in the States. If you are lucky enough to catch a ball, can you keep it for a souvenir there? We are busy with 4-H. Have a safe trip to CA!
Love, MOM

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, have a safe trip back and give me a call when you can to tell me about the trip. I don't know if I told you or not, but I went to see the Braves v. Orioles here and saw Andruw Jones hit a bottom-of-the-ninth walkoff homerun to win the game. Pretty cool, even though the Braves get on my nerves. Have you been able to keep up with the U2 shows in Dublin? I think Nathaniel's show in Cardiff is tonight...I think I may go see Collective Soul here in ATL. No comparison, of course, but at least then I won't sit at home fuming with intense jealousy!

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was Greg that posted the last message...sorry.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Mark Heiden said...

I have kept up with U2 pretty well. I am seeing Collective Soul after I return to Indiana in July....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home