Friday, June 17, 2005

A Visit to a Kindergarten

This morning I got up after a nice full night of sleep, which was my first in a long time. After breakfast Steve (a teacher from Massachusetts) and I went out to see the Emperor's palace, the Japanese Supreme Court, the Diet (Congress) building, and some general sightseeing. We even were lucky enough to stumble upon a Kindergarten with the students arriving. The security guard welcomed us into the school speaking English well enough to understand that we were American teachers. It was a Catholic Kindergarten, and we got to meet the head nun and a teacher. All of the students were in uniforms, and it was probably the cutest bunch of children I have seen, all of them matching with uniforms and hats. Both of us gave them our business cards and answered some questions before we departed. We had to hustle back to the hotel to get back in time for a session on mathematics education in Japan. I have included a picture that I took of the school (I took it from my waist without looking to not offend anyone)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home