Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The second day in Japan

I had breakfast this morning in the hotel. We had both Japanese and American breakfasts. I started with the Japanese breakfast and then saw the American eggs, sausage, bacon, bananas, orange juice, etc. They even had forks for us to use (which are much easier than chopsticks!). After breakfast we had another orientation session followed by an excellent presentation by one of the top education officials in Japan. After the presentation we had an an absolutely fantastic lunch. This afternoon we have a Traditional Japanese Theatre performance and then Kabuki (I'm not sure what a Kabuki is yet!!). After that we have a reception. I think after the reception some friends and I are going to explore some of downtown Tokyo using the subway system! (If you don't hear from me for several days, then I am probably still lost in Tokyo!!!!) The picture below is Mr. Kimura, the speaker on education reform in Japan.

11 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know about a earthquake ninety miles off Califoria. The news at 11:00 PM Indiana time was talking about a Tsunami alert from Alaska to Mexico. Lisen if you hear about it from the Japanise. The alert lasted about 1 houre in California.

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your trip sounds wonderful so far! You certainly are being treated royally. Your cousin Noelle is living in a shack in Costa Rica for her college journalism experience!!!

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Heiden,

Sounds like you are having a grand ol' time. I will respect your students and keep comments clean. :) Enjoy yourself over there homey. You shouldn't worry about your fish tank, you should worry about Heiden 2, Heiden 3, and Heiden 629. Have fun dude!

 
At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear from you. Andrea called from Spain. Doing well.

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mr.Heiden!
This is Abigail Aylward! I'm enjoying reading about your trip to Japan. I like all the pictures too. Thank you for including me in your mailing.

I just went to Florida and it was rainy from the Tropical Storm Arlene.

My friend Caroline is going to be in your classroom next year! I think she will enjoy your class very much.

Have a great trip!

 
At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kabuki is theater

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made a typo. Sodid your dad.

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made another typo.

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Mark Heiden said...

Tristen: I did bring some books with me, but mostly they are Japan travel guides. I did bring a book called "Days of Grace" by Authur Ashe, a famous tennis player. But, there has been no time to read.

I did make a purchase that you will find interesting--the Japanese version of the first Harry Potter book. You'll have to see it when I return--it's quite interesting!

Let me know about The Battle for the Castle. I have heard of it, but I haven't read it.

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Mark Heiden said...

Hi Abigail: It's good to hear from you. I am sure that I will enjoy having Caroline in class. Have a great summer!

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Mark Heiden said...

Good job Jason. How did you know that? You're right, it is a type of traditional Japanese theatre that was interesting to see. My picture with a Kabuki dancer is included on the main blog page.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home