Tuesday, June 14, 2005

My first meal in Japan

Our student took us to a little restaurant where I had noodles in a soup with fried shrimp/vegetables. It was pretty good, although I admit that a steak might have been better! I did get my chance to try to use chopsticks and slurp my noodles. After our dinner we went and explored a subway station before we went back to the hotel for the evening. I did stay up a while to watch CNN American Morning-the amazing thing is that the show is shown live on CNN, but that it is evening here when it airs. We are 14 hours ahead of Indiana time here. I think I am almost over my jet lag now fortunately now. I have to get dressed up (it's pretty much suit and tie from here on out!) for breakfast and then several events and speakers. The picture below is my meal from the restaurant--overall it was pretty good, although I did make some splashes using the chopsticks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home