Friday, June 17, 2005

Tickets for the Bullet Train to Kyoto

After the math session today Steve and I went and bought our tickets on the bullet train to Kyoto for Saturday. We will be leaving Tokyo on the train at 6:00 AM and arrive at Kyoto at 8:16 AM. We have a tour of the city scheduled that should bring us to the best sites in this historic city. We are then going to take the 9:32 PM bullet train back to Tokyo to arrive at 11:48 PM. It should be a very long day, but hopefully it will allow me to see another part of Japan. Following lunch I attended a session on art education in Japan. It was interesting, as most of the sessions have been. Below is a picture of my tickets for the bullet train. I believe that a bunch of us teachers are going out to the Ginza district of Tokyo this evening for a boat ride and night out on the town. Hopefully it won't be too late of an evening because of course my train departs at 6 AM tomorrow. (But, when you are in Tokyo there is so much to see and do that often sleep takes a back seat!)

5 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Heiden! It's me, Tristen.

I just read the last nine postings. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun. Did you like the boat ride? The bullet train sounds interesting, too. I liked the picture of the lady with the kimono. I can't believe how much makeup she wears! Why didn't you try another kind of sushi after you had the eel? Well, I probably wouldn't have either because I'm the pickiest eater on Earth. I've never tried fish, but even the smell knocks me out! Do they have American restaurants there?

I have to go. I'm going to Ben's house today and we're going to his neighborhood pool. Is the weather nice where you are too?

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Heiden- How interesting to read all your postings. I am pooped just reading it. Hope it is OK to say pooped on the blog! I have been searching for signs that you are pursuing the special mission we discussed in regard to your Japanese trip. Unless it is the Kabuki dancer, who is awfully pale, you need to get on it! And eel --- yuck!!! Love, Aunt Nancy

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blog is now 15 pages and very interesting. Since your grandparents like to read it at their house, is is possible to just copy the newest part? (They have the first 15 pages.)
Love, MOM

 
At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark:

You're very fortunate to get to take a trip such as this one. Congratulations on your scholarship. I enjoyed your photos and commentary.

Mitchell Steckler

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Mark Heiden said...

Tristen: The boat ride was fun and well worth the time. I think I will try some different sushi when I get the chance. I hope you had a good time with Ben. The weather is humid here because it is the raining season, but lately it has been very nice, with even a little sun showing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home