Sunday, June 19, 2005

The Big Egg and a Colts Sighting

This morning I got up and dropped my suitcase at the lobby. Tomorrow we leave for our host cities, so we have to give-up our luggage now. It will magically appear in my hotel room on Monday. Steve and I went out exploring again, this time to the Tokyo Dome, known affectionately as the Big Egg. There is a home baseball game on Tuesday the 28th that a bunch in our group decided to get tickets to attend. There were signs everywhere for the upcoming Atlanta Falcons/Indianapolis Colts NFL football game! After getting tickets and exploring the really neat area around the dome, we set-off via the subway for a neat part of town called Harajuku.

3 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when is the footbal game?
Is Japanese baseball just like profesional baseball here?
Glad you called the grandparents - they were thrilled!
Love, MOM

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Reds are in another losing streak. Please sign a couple of pitchers while you are there. We are enjoying your blog. We are reading this at your folks' house. It was great to have your phone call.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Mark Heiden said...

Japanese baseball is fairly similar--I have heard that there are some differences. I will know more after my game next week.

I will be on the lookout for pitchers for the Reds to sign.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home